- We can repair ur windows XP OS without loosing any setting or data, if u have any missing OS file or any errors, repairing will fix it.
- Reboot the computer with first boot device as CD-Rom
- Place the Win XP cd in CD-Rom
- At the prompt "Press any key to boot from CD" press any key Setup starts
- Here u also see a Repair option but don't use it
- Press Enter to continue setup
- Press F8 to accept License Agreement
- Now setup will search for previously installed Operating systems, a list will be displayed
- (Note: if u have windows 98 it wont be displayed in the list)
- Select the Operating system which ur repairing, like "C:\Microsoft Windows XP Professional"
- Press 'R' to repair
- Setup startup copying files and Restarts
(Note: if the file copying process is not done and the system restarts u have to again follow the same as above by booting from CD-Rom, after file copying is done system restarts
Now u have to boot from HDD not from CD, At the prompt "Press any key to boot from CD" don't press any key, setup will continue)
- U need ur CD key
Warning: If u have downloaded Service Pack 2 and installed it then u have to again download and install it after repair If u have ur Service Pack 2 inbuilt in the XP CD then no need to worry, it will get installed along with Os
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Repair your xp without looseing things
Want to know how?